The Quakes got Wondo back on the scoring train, but failed to win on the road for the 10th time this season. However, getting points on the road is always a good thing, so don’t be too upset! I was unable to get a prematch done, but I did call a 1-1 draw on twitter.
Some match stats:
- After the Quakes scored, they sat back, which allowed RSL to lead in possession (62%), shots (14-12), and shots on target (7-3). Amazingly RSL had 200 more passes than the Quakes (492-292). The Quakes seem content to be to sit back after getting a lead as they have only had a two goal lead once the entire season. That strategy backfired Friday.
- Simon Dawkins led the team with three key passes. He also was dispossessed just once, and had zero unsuccessful first touches (by far his best turnover performance of the season)
- Quincy’s good: two shots, one on goal. Quincy’s bad: three dispossessions, two unsuccessful first touches. I still want to see Barrett get a start.
- Bingham: six saves, 46 touches. Ugh.. The defense is really bad without Goodson.
- The team managed just three blocked shots all game. Ugh.
- Godoy was beasting defensively: three tackles, six interceptions, two clearances.
- Cordell Cato did well defensively: two tackles, four interceptions