With Sporting KC losing tonight, the Quakes have a few scenarios that can happen which would put them in the playoffs.
If the Quakes lose: we’re out and no chance.
If the Quakes tie FC Dallas:
- SKC would need to lose to L.A. Galaxy (which could happen) as both teams would have 13 wins and Quakes own the second tie-break (+3 goal differential to +2 for SKC and a loss would put them further behind)
- No other possible scenarios
If the Quakes win, any combination of:
- Portland loss (Quakes would own second tie differential)
- Seattle loss or tie (Quakes advance on points)
- Sporting KC loss or tie (Quakes advance on points)
So bottom line: we need to win to have the best chance at advancing. A tie and we have to hope. Sunday’s going to be a fun day!