In a wild week in which the best MLS analysts only got zero or one correct pick, I managed five, although two of those were NBA games.
- WRONG: NYCFC v. Chicago Fire: 2-1 NYCFC – Red Cards will kill any prediction
- CORRECT: FC Dallas v. NYRB: **GAME OF THE WEEK** 2-2 draw, although the final was a 0-0 draw.
- WRONG: Montreal v. RSL: 2-0 RSL, RSL may be worse than anyone thought; their offense is near the bottom of the league, and the past few weeks have been dismal.
- CORRECT: Caps v. Sounders: 3-1 Seattle (do you need to be in the same country to be a derby?), Seattle won 2-0, with Chad Barrett’s brace.
- WRONG: Revs v. Toronto FC: 2-0 New England. Red hot Revs drew TFC? I still say Bradley is the most overrated midfielder in MLS.
- WRONG: Dynamo v. Timbers: 1-1 draw. They had a 1-1 score, then Giles Barnes happened..
- PUSH: Sporting KC v. Rapids: 2-1 Colorado (UPSET ALERT!). Game postponed.
- WRONG: Quakes v. Crew: 2-0 Columbus (bet with your mind, root with your heart). Quakes dominated after the Saied red card, much to my delight. 🙂
- WRONG: Orlando v. the Gals: 1-1 draw. Orlando scored a season high four goals to beat the Gals. From what I’ve seen of Stevie G, I doubt he’ll bring much to L.A., either.
- NAILED IT: Union v. United: 1-0 Philly (HUGE UPSET ALERT, United taking the night off against a bottom of the East team on the road will be their downfall Sunday night).
NAILED IT: Other Friday predictions: the Dubs will close out Memphis tonight.
NAILED IT: Houston will close out the Clippers on Sunday.